- KS1/2: 8 hours per 6 week block.
- Year 7/8 on rotation (32 hours per year)
- Year 9 on regular timetable (2 hours per fortnight).
Biennial Schedule for KS1/2
In order to cover the range of the art and design and design technology curricula, we have planned a two year sequence from year 1 to year 6.
- a, b, c, d and e can be taught in any order
- bold text indicates Design Technology National Curriculum
- non-bold indicates Art and Design National Curriculum
- drawing skills are explicitly taught in each art/design/DT topic.
- colour is revisited regularly – in each art week.
Art Schedule for KS3
KS3 Fitness and Nutrition Overview
At KS3, the food technology elements of the National Curriculum for DT are taught within Fitness and Nutrition.