The Paradigm Trust KS1-2 Phonics and English and The Aims of the EYFS-KS3 Science, RE and Foundation Subject Curriculum
We teach the right things efficiently.
The curriculum for Paradigm Trust:
- prepares pupils to lead fulfilling lives and to play an active, positive and productive role in our democratic society.
- is based on the National Curriculum and Early Learning Goals;
- enhances pupils’ personal, social and emotional development (PSED)
- promotes fundamental British values;
- makes provision for pupils to develop their literacy and numeracy skills so that they can access all areas of the curriculum;
- is responsive to both the current and future needs of pupils through planning;
- accommodates future examination and assessment reforms;
- ensures that pupils will be equipped with the correct qualifications to gain access to future study and employment;
- is well organised and staffed appropriately throughout all year groups;
- prioritises all year groups equally;
- meets the needs of learners with special educational needs and disabilities;
- encourages pupils to master skills and deepen knowledge and understanding;
- prepares pupils for an ever changing, wider world of work;
- encourages the use of environments and expertise beyond the classroom including immersive learning;
- provides interesting and varied extra-curricular activities and educational visits to broaden pupils’ experiences;
- has local, national and international dimensions.
- ensures that pupils have the background knowledge to interpret new information from sources including stories and images.
We make appropriate adjustments against this default curriculum according to our pupils’ needs.