If you are passionate about education and want to make a lasting impact on the lives of young learners, this is an excellent opportunity to make a true difference.
We are looking for someone to join our team as non-executive director on the board of our dynamic and forward-thinking multi-academy educational trust.
It is an exceptional opportunity to use your skills, expertise and vision to shape the future of education in your community.
To be considered for this position you must have the following qualities:
- Commitment to the ethos and values of the Trust
- Commitment to the education and welfare of children and young people
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity
- An understanding of the role of non-executive director and of the need to balance constructive challenge and support of the executive leadership
- Commitment to seeking and taking account of the views of stakeholders
- Respect for the work and views of other Directors and staff
- Willingness to devote time, enthusiasm, and effort to the duties and responsibilities of a Director
- Willingness to make and stand by collective decisions.
It would also be desirable to have an interest in SEND, and an ability to travel to Ipswich easily. School governor experience is not necessary, but we would like to encourage applications from candidates who may have experience in a senior management role and/or experience as a non-executive director or trustee.
Roles and responsibilities
Directors work together to carry out their core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos, and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
In each academic year, the Board of Directors usually meets around nine times, with meetings starting at 18:00 and scheduled for two hours. Most years there is also a half day offsite including the Board and executive to discuss strategy with the opportunity to hear from external speakers.
Board meetings are held at the London and Ipswich schools in person, with hybrid video dial-in options available at all meetings for occasions where people are not able to attend.
Take the next step
Full details about the role can found in this downloadable information pack.
To apply for the role, or just to find out more, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are applying, please express your interest, enclose your CV and let us know if you have any particular skills or interests that would make you a suitable candidate for the role.