The Data Protection Act 1998: How we use staff information
We process personal data relating to those we employ to work at, or otherwise engage to work at, Paradigm Trust. This is for employment purposes to assist in the running of the trust and/or to enable individuals to be paid. The collection of this information will benefit both national and local users by:
- improving the management of workforce data across the sector
- enabling development of a comprehensive picture of the workforce and how it is deployed
- informing the development of recruitment and retention policies
- allowing better financial modelling and planning
- enabling ethnicity and disability monitoring; and
- supporting the work of the School Teachers’ Review Body
This personal data includes identifiers such as names and National Insurance numbers and characteristics such as ethnic group, employment contracts and remuneration details, qualifications and absence information.
Any person involved in administering, teaching or completing examinations/assessments should note that, where malpractice is suspected or alleged, their personal data may be shared with other awarding bodies, the qualifications regulator or professional bodies in accordance with the JCQ publication Suspected Malpractice in Examinations and Assessments – Policies and Procedures.
We will not share information about you with third parties without your consent unless the law allows us to. We are required, by law, to pass on some of this personal data to:
- our local authority
- the Department for Education (DfE).
If you require more information about how the DfE stores and uses your personal data please visit:
If you want to see a copy of information about you that we hold, or have any other related questions, please contact us via the contact form on this web site.